My Obsession with Dior...

 It all started 4 or 5 years ago, my obsession with the house of Dior especially the Couture Collections...Galliano, after his anti-Semitic comments, was dismissed from the label. Nevertheless, he was, in my opinion,  the one that gave the Couture Collections the va va voom and the new vintage look... Here are my ultimate Galliano Couture looks...


The House of Dior started in 1947, when designer Christian Dior opened his own label. He was an innovator with his post World War II "New Look". The house continued success even after Dior’s death in 1957, as Yves Saint Laurent took over...Later it was handed over to Marc Bohan then to Gianfranco Ferrè...John Galliano took over in 1996. After 15 years as head designer, Galliano was dismissed or rather fired in 2011. Bill Gaytten, Galliano's right-hand man,is the currant designer of Dior.I liked his Couture show, it was very Mr. Christian Dior...In the Fall 2012 show, the short jackets caught my eye...


I also loved these 2 dresses...



Comments

Popular Posts