Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Week With Marilyn...









At Last I got to watch 'My Week With Marilyn'...What a movie! Prior to watching this movie I wasn't a fan of Michelle Williams(she will always be Jen Lindley from Dawson's Creek); however, after watching her performance all I have to say is 'Chapeau Bas'...

 
It's not easy playing Hollywood's sex symbol, portraying every part of her complex personality...She was a lost soul...She had ZERO confidence, and she never really felt safe...I've read a lot of Marilyn biographies, but the only one that really touched me was J.Randy Taraborrelli's 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe'.  


The movie's plot takes place in London when they were shooting 'The Prince and The Showgirl'...Marilyn was selected by Sir Laurence Olivier to play the showgirl, a decision he later regrets...His third assistant starts a relationship with Marilyn.He's the only one that can see and feel her sorrows and fears...
This movie is a must watch for Marilyn fanatics like myself...


This is a Costume design sketch for  Marilyn’s daytime outfit, played by Michelle.

The sets and costumes are very accurate...For an hour and half you'll take a journey and get to know the legend, 'Marilyn'...

1 comment:

  1. All in all, the blog looks great! It shows the extent to which you had to put the effort and talk about what you fancy. I am truly proud and very much inspired.

    I wish you and your blog all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest