Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kate & Johnny, 90s Romance and Eternal Love


They met in New York City at Cafe Tobaco in 1994. It was love at first sight. She said, "No, not the first moment I saw him. I knew from the first moment we talked that we were going to be together. I've never had that before.We just sat down and talked, sheer nonsense. I do not remember how it all happened. But after that we did not leave."






When their relationship went public, the whole world went crazy about them; people thought they were eccentric. Their love story was bright and true, yet sometimes 'socially inappropriate scenes' rushed into the whirlpool of passion, drugs,  and alcohol... To the extent that the paps named their love as 'novel cocaine'. The story of their passion snowballed tall tales, they said that they had a fight in a London restaurant and then decided to arrange a truce in an attempt to make love right on the table for all to see, among the mountains of broken dishes... Rumors, Rumors, and Myths.







September 13, 1994, the event that will always be associated with their relationship occurred. Johnny trashed his hotel room at the Mark Hotel in New York with Kate present in the room. This incident set off a frenzy of speculation and rumors in the press. Everyone thought that this was the end of them... However, on September 24, they appeared together and quite affectionly at the premiere of Johnny's movie, 'Ed Wood' at the New York film festival. The next day they graciously attended a Pediatric AIDS Foundation carnival where they manned a hockey game booth and assisted children in tossing balls for the game. Later that evening Johnny threw an enormous birthday party for Actor Mickey Rourke at the Metronome on Broadway in New York. Kate arrived at the party later in the evening and had to be rescued and whisked upstairs to Johnny by her brother Nick. Johnny was the one to organize Kate's amazing 21st birthday party at his Viper Room and had Gloria Gaynour sing for her. "They opened the curtains and there was my mum, my dad, and everyone had flown in from London and New York and John (Galliano) had come from Paris, it was amazing. I was like, shaking - you know when you start to dance and your legs don't work? I had to go into the office for 10 minutes till I'd calmed down." Thelma Houston and Gloria Gaynor sang for her. "Gloria Gaynor said, "Happy birthday Miss Moss" - I was like, 'Oh my God! I hated it," says Moss, grinning. "Johnny said, We're going to dinner" - he's like, Put a dress on" and I'm like, I haven't got a dress. So I had on this satin dress down to the floor, and he got the scissors and he's, like, cutting it up to the knee, literally, while we're walking out the door. I'm wearing, like, red satin up to the knee, all jagged." 
"I still keep this piece (of the dress) the same as our love. It was real. It is absolutely wild. And only he can surprise me." Johnny and Kate teased each other and pushed each other to the limit, until one day their romance was truly over.







Their romance defines a time when love was more about a state of mind and passion came from taking care and being taken care of. Kate recently told Vanity Fair about the agony that followed the break up with Johnny: "There's nobody that's ever really been able to take care of me". "Johnny did for a bit. I believed what he said. Like if I said, "What do I do?" he'd tell me. And that's what I missed when I left. I really lost that gauge of somebody I could trust. Nightmare. Years and years of crying. Oh, the tears!"  Similarly just months after their split, Johnny said in an interview, "Kate is somebody I care about deeply... She’s a great, lovely, sweet, pure girl – really a great kid, and I care about her. I love her on a very deep, profound level"


After breaking up they remained silent for a long time. They both had to escape each other because it was unbearable to be in this electrified air, and too complex for both memories. Both of them admit that they had parted at the peak of the emotions that began to destroy because of the strength of feelings. Kate confessed that, "No one will love Johnny as I love him."

On their breakup Johnny Depp had this to say, "I cried for a week after our parting with Kate.  Part of Kate is in me. Big part of me misses her, and I still do not understand why we are not together, and why the idea of creating a family did not come to mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest