Raf Simons Bids Farewell to Dior



After an iconic Paris Fashion Week show Raf Simons has announced he's leaving Christian Dior. Apparently he's departing Dior after he "reached this decision for personal reasons", said Dior in a statement.
"It is after careful and long consideration that I have decided to leave my position as creative director of Christian Dior's women's collection," said Raf. "It is a decision based entirely and equally on my desire to focus on other interests in my life, including my own brand, and the passions that drive me outside my work. Christian Dior is an extraordinary company, and it has been an immense privilege to write a few pages of this magnificent book."



Speculation now centers on who will be named the next Dior creative director, and a search has just begun. Though the brand declined to set a time frame for its choice, there is some urgency because the luxury industry as a whole is suffering from slowing sales and a challenging global consumer climate, and a house without a creative identity is at risk. Fret not my fellow Dior-friends, for the next pre-fall collection will be designed by the in-house team and shown quietly in January in Paris. Although I love change and believe in new blood especially inside the DNA of a brand of such caliber, this has come as a shock to me, I thought that Simons will be at Dior for at least 7 years!

Comments

Popular Posts