Monday, November 30, 2015

Mia Wasikowska for Flaunt Magazine











Australian actress Mia Wasikowska covers Flaunt Magazine's latest edition captured by fashion photographer Carlos Serrao and styled by Ryan Hastings. In the issue the beautiful actress talks about being in the public eye, social media, and talk shows... She's adorably old-fashioned at such a young age, a trait lost in most actresses nowadays. You don't believe me? Read on! 
 
"Yeah, and that pressure is only a recent thing, I feel like with the Internet and everybody having access to everybody's Twitter and Instagram and that being such a public thing, if you’re not a part of that thing, you don’t have a personality for people to latch on to. And also I think the nature of talk shows has really changed. It used to be like, you’d go on the show and talk, and that’s the thing, but now it’s like You have to go on the show! And play a game! And bowl! And have an operation! And everybody stares at you. It’s gotten so extreme."


"I feel like with the Internet and everybody having access to everybody’s Twitter and Instagram and that being such a public thing, if you’re not a part of that thing, you don’t have a personality for people to latch on to."


"And also I think the nature of talk shows has really changed. It used to be like, you’d go on the show and talk, and that’s the thing, but now it’s like You have to go on the show! And play a game! And bowl! And have an operation! And everybody stares at you. It’s gotten so extreme."


"You have to have a gimmick, yeah, and you have to do a thing. They have to see you off guard. And that’s fine, I totally understand that but it makes me uncomfortable, because it’s not something I naturally thrive at. It feels fake."


"Press is stressful already without having to perform your ‘thing,’ so I feel more protected having no thing. I like that people think that I’m boring!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest