EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Victoria Baker-Harber...



Victoria Baker-Harber caught my eye ever since her first scene on Made In Chelsea... She walked with such confidence and poise, every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted to be with her!
I can NOT lie, MIC is one of my guilty pleasures... As an avid fan of the show, I discovered that Victoria designs a luxurious swimwear line named 'Elle-En-Jette'


I was fortunate enough to get an EXCLUSIVE interview with the MIC star and designer:

F:How did 'Made in Chelsea' change your life? 
V:To be honest, it hasn't. I would say some of the cast's lives have changed a lot, but my real life is far more interesting then what I let the world see!

F:What is the inspiration behind Elle-En-Jette swimwear?
V:The list of things that have inspired me are endless, but I aim to keep things quite classical. I am using a very simple palette of just black and white this season, so in that sense, you could say classical Chanel is an inspiration. I take ideas from parts of every day life, traveling, and just generally looking around at what looks good. I do have one print this season, which is s snake print, but not snake skin.. Actual snakes! Lanvin have done something similar this season but my original idea came from an artist called Guido Mocafico who did a series of photographs titled 'Serpens' . 

F:Your line will be available from June '12, will it be sold exclusively online? 
V:I am going to be selling online because it will create a large customer base, but I'm also going to have a large private sale before I start negotiating with the shops. I am hoping to sell in Monaco this summer but the timing of the collection isn't ideal for the buyers for summer!


Victoria was Kind enough to give me 3 EXCLUSIVE pictures, One of herself wearing one of her designs (the first picture in this post) and 2 pictures of her line's new photoshoot...

Elle-En-Jette

Elle-En-Jette

F:Are you thinking of opening your own boutique, when can we expect to find your creations in Dubai, Qatar, or Riyadh?
V:I won't be opening my own boutique yet, but perhaps in the future! I would love to sell in Boutique 1 in Dubai. I think there is a great selection of brands and pieces there... I also love Sauce! I'm a big fan of the shops in Dubai.

F:Where do you see your brand 10 years from now?
V:A long way from here! I am starting by having a small signature collection, but as with any brand, there must be a starting point. Who knows, maybe one day I'll have my own SPF skincare range!

F:I've read that you refuse to ever cut your hair, please tell us your secret, how do keep your locks healthy and glossy?
V:I wouldn't say refuse, but I don't cut it too often... I find a lot of hairdressers get over excited when they are near a pair of scissors and long hair!  I trim the ends about once a year, but I actually think being able to grow hair long is a genetic thing!

F:Describe your personal style?
V:My style totally depends on my mood. Some days, I feel like Blair Waldorf, and other times, I like to be more casual... It depends on my mood. I just have to feel comfortable and know that what I'm wearing is appropriate, then I'm happy!


F:Who are your favorite designers?
V:Lanvin. I love the current season. Tom Ford is also great.  For dresses, I'd choose Alaia any day of the week. Shoes would have to be Louboutin or Nicolas Kirkwood... But I'm also a big Topshop fan, and I love exploring in little boutiques and finding things that no one else has. It's always nice to have people guessing where you found something. I believe in mixing it up!

F:Who are your fashion icons? (you can list as many as you like)
V:It totally dependents on what league...
For elegance, I'd say Queen Ranya of Jordan. I love how Victoria Beckham is always so immaculate, but she can't be comfortable wearing heels in the airport! There are too many to mention and too many categories!

F:What are your favorite cities? (list your favorite restaurants and shopping spots in each city)
V:I love St.Tropez. It can be a bit too busy sometimes, but it still has its charm and great little shops. They even have an Alaia shop (which i believe is the only one). Club 55 is amazing... It has such a good atmosphere. I love Istanbul, because its totally ecclectic, and is very underrated. New York has a buzz like no other city in the world, and such a good place to explore in terms of shops. Bangkok is also amazing. The service in the hotels in Asia is the best in the world, and there is a little section called Siam Square which has the best little boutiques. You are sure to find things there that no one else will ever have!

F:List 3 items that are always present in your bag?
V:I won't be caught anywhere without my makeup bag, which will always have a Kohl stick in there! I also take a bottle of scent with me wherever I go... I'm wearing Jasmine Rouge by Tom Ford at the moment. Hand cream is also a necessity.

F:Blogs are very 'in' these days, do you follow any fashion blogs?
V:If I stumble across something interesting, I'll always read through it. There is one called http://fashiongonerogue.com/, not so much a blog but it's like a database. I LOVE pinterest! It's the best for finding inspiration under any category.

For more information about Victoria's line Elle-En-Jette, visit her website http://elle-en-jette.com/ 
  

Comments

Popular Posts