EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Cem Evirgen


Cem Evirgen is a Turkish interior architect turned accessory designer.  His talent is apparent in every piece he designs. I personally own a lot of his pieces, and I love them all!!!
Cem is one of the gems I've discovered, and vowed to do everything in my power to spread  word, and virtual ink in my case, to the whole world about his talent. I'm sure that in 5 years he'll be a big name in fashion; I'm even ready to bet on it!
Through our personal contact, I've got to know a very kind and genuine person. I wish him all the success and triumph he most certainly deserves.

 Here's my EXCLUSIVE with Cem:






F:How did you get into designing accessories?
C:I studied interior architecture, so I already know a lot about designing and I've always been interested in fashion. I started designing for myself until I was asked why wasn't I designing for others. So I am a designer now.

F:Being an Interior Architect, does it give you an extra edge and understanding of the materials you use?
C:Definitely! So as you can see, I use some architectural materials. Being an interior designer, gives you a view about the harmony of materials and that makes the designs unique.

F:Your pieces are very original & unique, where do you get your inspiration from?
C:My  inspiration comes from my architectural background. My first collection is called 'Adaptation', I gave it this name because I adapted some architectural materials in my designs.
 
F:Describe the woman or man you design for?
C:Any person who wants to be both unique and remarkable.

F:10 years from now, what do you want your line to be known for?
C:Designing accessories, bags, couture, both menswear and womenswear.

F:Who are your favorite designers?
C:Riccardo Tisci, Maison Martin Margiela, Ümit Benan, and Juun J.

F:If you were to choose one must have item from your collection, what would it be?
C:It would absolutely be the Rose Metal Spiked Belt. I'm in love with it!

F:What are your favorite cities? (list your favorite restaurants and shopping spots in each city)
C:My home city, Istanbul takes the first place. One of my favorite places is The House Café bosphorus; you can enjoy your meal with an amazing view. Another one is Ulus 29 it's a good place for a night out. For shopping, I go to istinye park and nişantaşı. These are the best places for shopping, because you have a wide option of boutiques.





F:What do you do in your spare time?
C:I go out for walking and searching for new things, materials, or other inspirational objects. I love to go to quite and natural places like sea sides or forests; where I can spend my time in nature. 

F:Blogs are very 'in' these days, do you follow any fashion blogs?
C:People follow blogs for everything from fashion to travel & food... Being a blogger became a job in these days, it's also a significant communication medium for advertising and exposure for designers. Kate loves me, JAK & JIL, and The Sartorialist, these are excellent fashion inspiration blogs which I follow.

F:Could you take pictures of 2 of your favorite outfits, an everyday look and a night out look.
C:


For more information visit: http://www.cemevirgen.com/

Comments

Popular Posts