Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My One & Only Obsession, Vintage


We're living in an era where luxury has become mass produced. Even if you travel to an island you'll probably find a Chanel or  an Hermes boutique there
In order to be an individual, one should find a new untapped source of luxurious goods...
It all started when Kate Moss fell in love with the markets of Paris, and wore vintage to update her wardrobe.
I can still remember the first time I was introduced to vintage, thanks to my good friend, Deanna. I was going through the worst times of my life; but leave it to retail therapy to cheer me up. I loved the fact that every piece has a story, has history, & has traveled the world to be, at that moment, yours & yours only. I have been fortunate enough to touch and feel one of the world's most gorgeous Chanel suits sewn by none other than Coco Chanel!!!! And all I can say is that they don't make them like they used to. In my wardrobe, you'd find vintage YSL, Pucci, Leonard, Dior, Chanel, Herm├Ęs, Halston... They add edge and classicness to every look.
Not many celebrities have the ability to wear vintage in a modern way, but some really do  like Kate Moss, MK & A Olsen, Rachel Zoe, Nicole Richie, Kirsten Dunst....



















 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest