EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jacquie Aiche



Jacquie Aiche is a jewelery designer like no other, her delicate feminine pieces are just marvelous. Her creations are worn by most celebrities like Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Aniston, Rosie Huntington, Alessandro Ambrosio, Zooey Deschanel....
 Jacquie attributes the distinctive nature of her designs to her upbringing. Raised in a family with two diverse cultural influences (her father is Egyptian and her mother is an American Indian), she often blends elements of the two. “From my Father I think I have come to love reworking ancient designs such as goddesses and amulets and hammered gold, integrating these forms with contrasting natural minerals and gemstones, turquoise and fossils which are all reminiscent of the Native American jewelry of my mother’s heritage. Then of course, there is that funky, whimsical element that is all my own.”  
I have been lucky enough to interview the fabulous designer:




F:When did you first start designing jewelry?
J:I was a buyer for a boutique and I never found jewelry that spoke to me. I wanted pieces that represented the woman I was shopping for. I wanted to create pieces that made a woman feel feminine, playful, and strong at the same time. 


F:Designing jewelry is a very competitive business, how did you excel at presenting your brand to the world in such a short time?
J:I guess you would call it a coincidence… But I believe it's the passion and dedication that comes from my entire team. We all put a lot of love and dedication in to our product. The relationship starts from the moment I meet the first gemstone, crystal, or fossil all the way until it leaves on its new owner. Each piece has its own unique flavor as each one is handmade here in Los Angeles.


F:Your pieces are very delicate and feminine, where do you get your inspiration from?
J:My inspiration comes from daily life and all the unique women I meet along the way. I can get inspired from meeting someone and wanting to create a special piece for them. I am also very influenced by color… It just makes me so happy! All the gemstones make me feel like a little girl in a candy shop!


F:where do you see your line 10 years from now?
J:10 years from now… Seems so far yet it is just around the corner!!!
I want to inspire individuals all over the world to be the best that they can be and try their hardest to be happy everyday. I see the line being a part of every woman's life whether it be jewelry, amulets, handbags, perfume, or clothing. I just want to reach people all over the world, I want to enhance the beauty in everyone.
 
 
F:what was the first piece of jewelry you ever owned?
J:As a young girl my girlfriend's mother was an amazing crystal jewelry designer. She gave me a pair of Rutilated Quartz earrings and I cherished them like no other. They still mean so much to me, they take me back to that sacred place. Jewelry is something that is cherished for generations and I am creating jewelry that not only make a woman feel different, but these are also memories that she will pull out of her jewelry box one day. Remembering the time of her life when she wore the necklace, ring, amulet, or finger bracelet.


F:What do you do in your spare time?
J:I spend as much time as I can with my family. Raising two small children is quite challenging on its own and being a Great mom is very important to me. I also love to cook! Gathering friends and family is very healing for me… I love to share my appreciation for great food.


F:What are your favorite cities? (list your favorite restaurants and shopping spots in each city)
J:First one has to be Paris (of course!) shopping at HOD for jewelry, Sandra Serraf for clothing and Le Printemps for lingerie. Food would have to be Diep for Chinese, Finzi for Italian and Hotel Costes is always a great place for dinner.


Second one would be Moorea in Tahiti, no city life, just pure relaxation… The best food I can remember was at La Plantation (it was french cajun) but truthfully, I have been 3 times and each time is just as magical as the others.




F:List 3 items that are always present in your bag?
J:Jo Malone Orange Blossom perfume, vitamin C effervescence, and my journal.



F:Blogs are very 'in' these days, do you follow any fashion blogs?

J: Manrepeller Who What Wear  Cashmere & Cupcakes   Refinery29 are among my favorites.

For more information visit: 

Comments

Popular Posts