EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Rosemin Manji


Rosemin Manji is the Fashion director of RR&CO., a bespoke luxury management company and the leading consultancy firm in the Middle East. She's been in the buisness for 14 years, working closely with high-end brands like Chanel, Prada, and Hermes... This lady has been responsible for welcoming and organizing events and press activities for the likes of Tom Ford, Alice Temberley, Kara Ross, Daniella Helayel of Issa of London, Christian Louboutin (who designed a shoe and named it after her), Giuseppe Zanotti, Moda-Operandi.com... Her job exudes fashion, therefore she is one of the women I admire and look upon as a mentor and an idol. Her contributions to the fashion world got her numerous titles like 2010 Top 50 most influential  women in the Gulf, Style Icon, Media Pioneer, Lady of Luxury... etc.
You can catch her every Thursday on Dubai one's Studio One where she shares her style tips and fashion expertise with us mere mortals. Don't ask me how I did this, I think someone up there likes me. Another exclusive with a special lady...



 by Mounette Knoll


Here's the exclusive, read it, take notes, and be inspired:


F:When did you know that fashion was a part of your life?
R:I think if you ask my mother she would say since I was born! I have always had a visual eye. I would sew dresses for my dolls and was opinionated about my clothes and often would cut my jeans or alter my skirts.  My sister is 11 years older than me, so as soon as she was reading fashion magazines like W and Vogue, I was very drawn to the fashion photography and would always rip the pages of all the beautiful things I like, so yes I think I was born to be in this field in some capacity.
 
F:What did you study and did it help you as  a stylist and a founder & manager of RR&CO.?

R:I was brought up in a family of businessmen/entrepreneurs, so I think I have a good balance of Business and Creative in me.  I studied at the London College of Fashion with a BA in Fashion Management with a major in Luxury Goods and Marketing.

F:5 years from now, what do you want to have accomplished both personally and professionally?
R:I have been enjoying working on my weekly tv segment on Dubai One TV for over 5 seasons now covering celebrities and fashion.  Live television is fun and gives you that adrenaline rush. Sharing my favorite must have items and how to translate runway to reality.  It’s a great way to connect to viewers and fans from all over the Middle East and Africa.  I am enjoying the media aspect, so in the near future I can see myself working in magazines or continue with tv.  I have a good understanding of the balance of commercial and creative which is necessary in that field. I learned brand management and that precise balance from Tom Ford. On the personal side, I would like to start a family.

F:You've styled many celebrities like Sienna Miller, Elle Macpherson, Kate Moss, and Jude Law... which celebrity was so down to earth that you wanted to start up a friendship with then and there, and did you get some beauty secrets from any of them?
R:Working with great companies like Gucci Group, I have been very fortunate to meet and work with lots of wonderful and beautiful celebrities.  I must admit one of nicest guys has been Ewan McGregor and for ladies Elle Macpherson and Queen Rania were always so kind. For beauty tips, drink water!   I am laughing as I write this because, I don’t like the taste of  water so I rarely had the desire for it. The only way I drink 2 liters of water is by infusing it with fresh slices of lemon or mint everyday. So take my tip and drink water!




F:Did you ever think of designing a capsule collection, or writing a coffee table book?
R:I have been approached over the past couple of years to design a jewellery collection and clothing line. At the moment, its not in my plans… but never say never!
 

R:Who are your favorite designers?
F:As you know when it comes to shoes, I am a loyal to my friend Christian Louboutin.
That’s a tough question! my closet is dominated my Roland Mouret, Oscar de la Renta, Peter Pilotto and Lanvin.  Daywear is Phillip Lim and my favourite jeans are Current Elliott.  Evening wear I trust Victoria Beckham. Her cuts are divine instantly transforms your body.
For men, nothing compares to Tom Ford mens wear. I got my husband and brother hooked. Once you wear Tom Ford you can’t really wear anything else.

F:Who are your style icons?
R:For style icon my favourite woman is Jacqueline Kennedy. There are some women who I think have great personal style and they include Aerin Lauder, Tory Burch, Olivia Palermo, and Elizabeth Saltzman.

F:What are your favorite cities? (list your favorite restaurants and shopping spots in each city)
R:New York, my favourite city!!
Shopping: Bergdof’s and Jeffery’s
London
Shopping: Matches, Dover street market and
Restaurants: George Mayfair, Scotts, Il Beretto, Nobu, and Scalini
Dubai
Restaurants: dinners at Le Petit Maison, Riva Beach Club for casual weekend lunch
Salon:  Vanilla Salon (palm Jumeriah)
 
F:What do you do in your spare time?

R:Spend time with my family,  hangout with my adorable nephews. Also I love watching good tv shows like House of Cards, Parenthood and Madmen.

F:What do you do to stay in shape?
R:I keep getting memberships at all these wonderful places like Physique 57 and Flybarre, but I rarely go. I love just taking long walks in my neighborhood to clear my mind and a occasionally taking pilates classes. I really need to make more time in the exercise department.

F:List 3 items that are always present in your bag?
R:Crème de la mer lip balm, Louis Vuitton Epi leather Wallet, and My blackberry.

Grazia Middle East for Victoria Beckham story

For more information visit: www.rrandco.com
or follow @RRandCompany
*Note:All the pictures featured in this post are given to me exclusively by Rosemin Manji and her team.

Comments

Popular Posts