Happy New Year


Every new year's eve, millions of people vow and promise themselves or their loved ones that they'll change or start a new page in their lives... Every new year's eve, I wish that this year will be the year that changes everything. 2013 was a very peculiar year for both my family and I. It started out really bad, we were tested as a family. We lost a lot, yet we gained even more! Sometimes stormy weather will give you the strength and vision to start a new chapter. We also lost a lot of people, not in the literal sense even though that word describes what we felt accurately. Whenever you are down, you get to 'get acquainted' with your people. You finally see what your family and friends are made of... I know we are not supposed to judge others, because at the end of the day, everyone has their battle... But DO NOT try to live my life, write my story, and expect me to be okay about it! Well needless to say, those nothings in our lives don't exist anymore. We are happier, healthier, and emotionally free.
"And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about." -Haruki Murakami


The other half of 2013, was picture perfect. It all started last summer, we migrated to France for 3 glorious months... When we traveled to London, I met the most lovable old lady. She told me I had empathy, because I connected with a story she was recalling about a war hero from WWII, and how sometimes art has to be shocking so we can get it... We hugged and I asked her for a picture. She was so shy yet willingly powdered her nose et voila the picture rests peacefully in my iPhone. In Evian, France my relationship with an antique dealer exceeded all expectations. I buy from him, we talk art and 'Jesus', and I get a hello every time I pass by his shop. I also befriended the waitresses and owner of a French cafe. I will never forget the 'Noisette' or the Russian tea... After the summer in September, I had a date with fate. I met my idols we talked business and shopping of course... I will cherish the memories! In October I met Mary Katrantzou, leila Yavari, Rosemin Manji, Sofia Guellaty, and Caterina Menthe. Talking to these ladies gave me a new perspective on life. And so I say goodbye, farewell to 2013 and I welcome 2014 with every fiber of my body and soul. Good or bad I will be ready, I will try my best to be fair, loving, and even understanding. I will try to be HAPPY.


Comments

Popular Posts