My France



"Paris, hours in the café, a certain spirit of rebellion, one side a bit too stubborn, the sea, the true, in Bretagne, the walking in Provence, the taste, the passion for literature, the libraries, the beautiful editions, remaking the world in a set of hours around a table and a bottle of wine. Talking without really saying nothing, just for the pleasure of talking. The museums, the theatres, the elegance, the delicacy, the heritage of the Illustration, a humanistic philosophy. The balance we got between a nordic rigor and a latin savoir-vivre, the insolence and the freedom."
Clémence Poésy, Your France?



Naturally I decided to describe my France... "France is le Provence in the summer, discovering little streets and alleys, the flea markets, an over tanned older gentleman, an old book, and the smell of the sea. France is a fresh baguette straight from the bakery... Paris is a whole other France, Paris is shopping, food, museums, and art gallerias... France is having coffee in Cafe Flore watching the hours go by... France is an over-sized Isabel Marant sweater, walking the streets discovering yourself, France is life..."

What's your France?   

Comments

  1. One of my biggest regrets is that I have yet to visit France. I'm afraid it won't live up to my expectations. Then again, I thought the same thing about London, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was wrong. I'd love to visit Paris. More than that, I was to explore several different parts of France. I want more than just the "tourist" experience. The picture you paint of France sounds totally lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts