Laugh It Off


Emma Watson joined Twitter's laughing protest, in solidarity to Turkish women posting pictures of themselves laughing in defiance of a Turkish politician's comments. The young actress, a goodwill ambassador for UN women, tweeted a photograph of herself laughing her tiny ass off! Within 30 minutes of her tweet, the picture of her laughing outside a pavement restaurant had been retweeted 2,400 times and Favorited 4,500 times. As if I needed another reason to respect the British beauty; she's not 'busy' instagraming nonsense shenanigans of pointless banter, she's actually trying to make a difference, trying to make a point! The picture provoked me to think about a lot of things... Wouldn't it be beautiful if women of all races helped each other sour to new levels? Wouldn't it be empowering to put our differences aside? I'm not a feminist, as far as I know, but maybe I'll become one. I want to stand for something, to be known as a strong woman, as a person who changed something or at least tried. I also promised myself to try to laugh off my pain away, if you know me you'll probably not believe this, but a girl can dream or better yet laugh!


"There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor."
Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts